Monday, October 25, 2010

Ashley, what's your point?! I know, I know. I'm rambling. Shut up dude, it matters. To me at least.

This is another dance team picture. Surprise. :)

 Recently, the things I need to work on the most about me and my personality & stuff like that have been pointed out to me all at once. So I've not only been focusing on me and my problems, I'm good at focusing on other peoples problems too. Two thumbs down for me on that one. On Facebook I posted that I'm going to the park to read. Things didn't turn out the way I thought they would have, my mother and I got into another fight and those never turn out good. So I went to the park and read. Kadi Hinkle (pronounced like Katie), my bestie on dance team, said she needed to vent! I'm always there to listen to her and be there for her. I love her & miss her sooo much! She is 2 years younger than me but that doesn't matter because we are still close. <3
In the picture, she's the one on the far right :)

She told me stuff that she's dealing with, with her friend. It makes me think about the bad stuff that happens around our area. It's really sad. I'm very lucky to live in the home that I do. So thanks Hink for showing me that :) It sucks that she's in school though. I miss hanging out with her everyday at dance! Or, I guess it sucks that I'm out of school.......

Nah.

______________________RANDOM... (sort of)__________________________

-Our team had reallyy weird stuff that we always would say. (I'm positive they still do) But we would make words shorter than the real word. Like abbreviate words, but we would say them...?
Ex:
How it's supossed to be: "I appreciate it."
What we would say: "I appreesh."

This was an actual little conversation:
How it's supossed to be: Question: "Where did you get those moccasins??
Answer: "Target!"
What we said: Question: "Where'd you get the mocks??
Answer: "Targ!"

(and FYI, I still call them mocks. It's easier alright?)

You will still find me saying the shorter version of things. It was such a habit! Like Satchel... I call it a "Satch." Stuff like that. The team also had shorter or more fun way of saying each others names:
Kadi Hinkle? We called her Hink. Bethany? We called her B.I. (but not to her face...she wasn't very well liked...at all. Don't judge though. If you knew the story you would know why...)
Wendy, my coach was "Wend" and Crystal, our assistant coach was "Cryst"
_________________________________________________________________

But this really wasn't supossed to be about dance team inside jokes...
It was supossed to be about how thankful I am that I live in the house that I do. That there are people out there dealing with things that I've never experienced. So we need to stop being so selfish about our problems because there are people out there that are dealing with worse. And they feel there is no way out.
So my problem with my mom, could be something so much worse than it is. Your obsessive thought that you're fat. (Not meaning YOU like I know your problems, but there are people out there with that obsessive thought.) I'm going to start thinking that there are worse problems than mine. I knew that before, but I'm going to start thinking regularly about it. So stop complaining and be content!
Something I learned in a book someone recently borrowed to me!

Her friend found her mom's old diary with her mom's own 5 ways to become content:
  • Never allow yourself to complain about anything--not even the weather.
  • Never picture yourself in any other circumstances or someplace else.
  • Never compare your lot with another's.
  • Never allow yourself to wish this or that had been otherwise.
  • Never dwell on tomorrow--remember that [tomorrow] is God's, not ours.
So I'm also gonna try my hardest to not complain. About anything. Including the weather. I'm not gonna be that negative person nobody wants to be around.

SOOO, watch me try to become a better person! I don't know if you'll see it right away! But just know that I'm trying!
:)

2 Comments:

At October 26, 2010 at 3:13 PM , Blogger Colleen @ six said...

lincoln used to have a friend named satchel...i wonder if he called him satch for short.

 
At October 26, 2010 at 9:29 PM , Blogger Montgummibears said...

Nice Ashley. Or I could say Ash. :-) Good thoughts and it's so true, the ways to be content. I love those. You should print them out, and put them somewhere that you see every day. A good reminder. I might just do that too.
It's so easy to get into a complaining habit, but you know what? It's not that difficult to get into a thankful habit. You just have to train your mind to think on positive things. Or I guess, let GOD train your mind so you think on positive things. Seems like there are some things in the bible about that. :-) I love you, you're doing great and on the right track.
OH, remember something else. Just a tip from my personal experience and observations. From what I've seen, arguments stem from selfishness, usually on both parts. If you argue, you're being selfish. Bottom line. Next time you're tempted to argue (or argue back) with someone, thing twice about whether or not you're being selfish. If you are? Stop and see if being unselfish could help the situation. See if you try changing that attitude, what happens. Try asking a question instead of trying to prove your point. These are things I tell Emma and Rachel - I figured since you mentioned arguments, I might tell you too (because I love you as I love one of my own daughters). As it turns out, unselfishness can be contagious too. <3
~tm

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home