Sunday, October 31, 2010

The hills are alive!

We had a family night tonight, like we do all the time. We decided to watch The Sound of Music. I get lost in this movie. I can not take my eyes off of it. There are such good morals, and quotes and...everything. The songs have words that I could live by.

Maria: "When the Lord closes a door, somewhere He opens a window."

Reverend Mother: "Maria, these walls were not meant to shut out problems. You have to face them. You have to live the life you were born to live."

Me and my mom used to always watch The Sound of Music when I was little. Of course I never really understood the story line fully until I was older and learned some history. But ever sinse I was little I loved how fun Maria is and how fun of a person she must have been. I loved the songs too. I still do. Julie Andrews voice is perfect. I want her voice, it's absolutely perfect. (well...was perfect.) It's such a long movie, but tonight I was so sad that it was over. It doesn't seem like it was that long. But it's my favorite one.

2 Comments:

At November 11, 2010 at 3:34 PM , Blogger The Momma Chronicles said...

Oh my goodness, you watched it twice that night! I love it too. When's our next family night? :)

 
At November 11, 2010 at 6:16 PM , Blogger ashley'slife said...

I know and I watched the first half the next day too! :) I don't know, tonight? We can watch Elf! ? <3

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home